Ladies and gents, it appears Musicblog95 has been awarded the Liebster Award.
As to the origins of said award, allow me to simply quote my nominator:
It’s an award for wonderful bloggers with under two hundred followers, for those who didn’t know.
The Liebster Award has been around for a while, and if you googled it (or used whatever seach engine of your preference) right now, as of February 13th, you would find hundred of bloggers like me, who has also posted their own thoughts and responses to this award. Liebster is German for sweetest, kindest, dearest, most pleasant, etc.
The award follows a simple 4-rule system:
1. Post 11 things about yourself.
2. Answer 11 questions from your tagger/nominator.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post. Please tell them that you’ve nominated them, too.
4. No tag backs! We wouldn’t people to get double nominations. Too much work for them, anyways.
Now a while back, I received a similar award (see here). Not sure if accepting twice is even legal, but oh well. My opinion? This award has quite a different set of rules as the other, so I suppose it must be slightly different and thus very acceptable.
11 Things About Myself
1. I am just about dying to learn the guitar.
2. I also would love to take an arts class – painting and sketching.
3. I’m not much of a TV person – I prefer a good book.
4. As a general rule, cats seem to mislike me. Every single cat I’ve come into contact with has tried (and succeeded) to bite and/or scratch me (not even exaggerating).
5. I love creating playlists
6. Stephen King is by far my favourite author.
7. My favourite comedy film is probably Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World
8. Another favourite, albeit non-comedic, is Into The Wild.
9. I cannot for the life of me keep my earphones in working order for more than a couple of a months at a time. They always end up breaking on me sooner or later (in the past 2 years alone I’ve had at least 5 different sets).
10. I am a list-freak – a list freak being someone who creates lists for just about anything: shopping lists,to-do lists, bucket lists, lists of books I’ve read, lists of books I haven’t read, list of songs I love, list of songs I have yet to listen to… You get the picture.
11. I am a night-person. My most productive moments are at night, my motivation and inspirations come coupled at sun-down (yes – even now as I write, daylight has long faded).
11 Questions From My Nominator
First off, many many thanks to Shinoyo of Keeping A Thought for nominating! Be sure to check his blog out!
1. What genre of music do you dislike the most, if any?
Generally I tend to be very open to musical genres and don’t judge them too quick – different strokes for different folks and all that. There is, however, one genre that continually seems to fail me: K-Pop. It just doesn’t convince me.
2. What is one skill or talent that you would want the most?
Probably learn the guitar or learn to paint/draw.
3. Who is your role model, if any, and why?
I can’t really think of any..
4. What’s your reason for starting a blog?
The idea just popped up . Why not start a blog? Combine two of my passions (writing and music) and voila – a blog where I can share all my favourite music.
5. What is your current favorite song?
Well most of the time my current favourite tune will be the one I feature as Song Of The Week, so this week that’d be Mad Hatter – Masters In France.
6. What irritates you the most?
Very few things irritate me actually. One of the few is maybe when kids put on the innocent and cute act to get attention. And people who insist on speaking about disgusting topics during dinner.
7. Do you have any irrational fears? What are they (if you’re willing to say)?
The closest thing to an irrational fear I have is that of slipping. A couple of years ago I broke my arm by slipping, so since then I try to be as sure-footed as possible.
8. Would you be willing to jump off an airplane (with a parachute)? Why or why not?
Definitely! I’d love to experience the thrill of falling, the air rushing at you and the burst of adrenaline. On my bucket list for sure.
9. What was your weirdest dream?
Oh I’ve had countless strange dreams – most involving flying and running away, and being supernatural.
10. If there was a zombie apocalypse (which I highly doubt, I hope), what three items would you want the most to survive and defend yourself against these moving corpses?
I’ve seen my fair share of zombie apocalypse films, and if Hollywood is anywhere close to right (because Hollywood depicts everything so accurately, right?), I’d pick:
1. Some sort of weapon – Shotgun or maybe Chainsaw
2. First Aid Kit
3. A decent mode of transport
11. Did any of these questions irritate you, honestly?
No, not at all. Some took time to think about though.
This actually took quite a while to write. I know so many bloggers who’d deserve the award – alas, only 11 may be picked. Here we go:
1. 3,2,1 Irony – This blog is headed by someone with many passions and for the most part features some very beautiful original poetry. Check it out!
2. The Sound Of Flying Kiwi – C’mon, with a name like this, you gotta be featured. Jokes aside though, this is an entertaining blog that covers a wide array of subjects. Go and visit it!
3. More Than Melody – The blog of Chantel, a music junkie who has launched a 365 day music challenge, featuring many tunes which she loves and which have changed her life. Definitely worth checking out!
4. Onyxias Mind – A music blog with great layout and great content. Certainly worth the nomination!
5. Musiqati – Here’s something interesting: Musiqati is the arabic word for ‘my music’. I always thought the name was a mix of ‘Music and Ducati’ (haha). Anyway, this blog is filled with interesting songs. Give it a try!
6. Unrelyd – Another example of a superb layout with great musical content. Head on over!
7. Best Sites Of 2013 – Headed by Brian, this page is certainly the spot to go when you feel like discovering pretty cool internet sites.
8. [Un]charted Territory – The blog of Ashley, yet another passionate music-sharer. Great place to find new songs.
9. Taktgefühle – This is a german blog headed by Julia. Unfortunately for this of you who don’t speak german, you are missing out on a very decent blog. For those who do speak it, be sure to check out the music quotes section! Wonderful!
10. Light+Shade – Great blog by Tony Forragio, an “award-winning journalist with 15-plus years of experience across most media platforms, spanning newspapers, magazines, television, online and mobile. But forget about all that, because here he writes mostly about his passions outside work – music, travel and photography.” Explains itself.
11. St7’s Music Blog – A nice site for both old music and new. Be sure to check it out!
12. Rock Britain – Yes, I’m breaking the rules here, because yes, this site is worth it. Honestly I’d always assumed it had tons of followers, but apparently it still falls under the conditions for the award. Rockbritain.com is a beautiful site where you can enjoy several english indie artists, read reviews as well as interviews. Enjoy!
11 Questions For The Nominees
1. Why did you start blogging/what inspired you to blog?
2. One of your favourite books?
3. Your idea of a perfect weekend?
4. Your favourite film?
5. Something you have on your bucket list?
6. What was (is) your least favourite subject in school?
7. …your favourite subject?
8. What was the last song you listened to?
9. The last book you read?
10. Do you play any instruments?
11. What hobbies do you have?